Thursday 7 February 2008

Interesting Times

It's an interesting time work wise at present in the sense of the Chinese proverb with several things waiting on an outcome. Firstly although I only started this job at the beginning of 2008 it seems now that the funding for it after March/April could be in doubt. The church I am based at had a gift day last Sunday to try and raise funds for various building repairs and the stipends for the trainee cleric and myself. Despite being based in a fairly affluent area of London and with a congregation of around 200 it appears that not enough has been raised so far as was expected, although bits of cash are still coming in. I am told that some difficult decisions may need to be made around April time if things don't improve. My flat mate, the trainee cleric who is still just in his teens seems interested in me in a most uncleric like fashion which is proving a little awkward at times. That's not say I don't feel flattered. Then I am still trying to sort out a similar problem between two people I use to work with who appear to now be getting in hot water over it. I like and care for them both so it's difficult to know how far to go in what I say to them or even if I should stay involved now.

So all in all the times are interseting and the more I pray about them the more God seems to say wait on him. Probably wise advice but not necessarily easy given my nature.

No comments: